October 23, 2012

4 Days: 4 Ways to Destress

It's getting down to the nitty gritty and we're doing the last minute details and finishing up any pre-wedding tasks. Needless to say, my mother and I who are both pretty high-strung at times are dealing with some major stress. We've got phone calls and questions coming from every angle, it seems like we keep finding out we owe someone else money and we're meeting ourselves coming and going. So at this point, I'm going to let you all in on a little bit of super secret Sheila advice.

Here are 4 ways I've found to stay relatively stress-free:

1. Pamper yourself - Yes, I realize as the bride, we automatically think we're entitled to it, but expertly time it so that you're getting a facial 2 weeks prior, getting any waxings done 1 week prior, and I'm scheduled for a hair appointment tomorrow and mani/pedi with my ladies on Thursday.

2. Remember the Groom - Since most grooms are relatively uninvolved in the stress of week-of wedding execution, hanging out with them is a surefire way to escape it for a little while. Go on a dinner date or just go do something un-wedding related. Mr. K and I went to dinner tonight and Sunday night after church we just went down to the beach and hung out on the pier for a little while. We even practiced our dancing. :)

3. Drink up! - Okay I know you're probably heading for the wine bottle, but really I mean drink up the pure H20. Water makes you feel better and look better and if you're too busy to eat, chances are you are also dehydrated. So keep a bottle of water with you while doing those last minute errands and DIY projects and you'll thank me later.

4. Just let it go - This is coming from someone who's an absolute bonified control freak. And I'm the daughter of one, too, so we are 100% hell-on-wheels when it comes to this wedding and our vendors and what we expect of pretty much everyone. That being said - I recently came to the realization to just let it go. I decided early on in the wedding planning process what things were my MUST HAVES. Once I got those things, the decision-making became easier. I've had to let go and realize that the right people for the job are already doing the job (like, Sheila, maybe you should let the caterer decide which foods should go beside each other in the buffet line) and I told myself that there are quite a few things that if they don't get done, it won't be the end of the world.

I'm obviously not completely stress-free, but I haven't pierced anyone through the heart with a shepherd's hook yet this week so in my book I'm doing okay. :)

If all else fails, I'll encourage you to enact the same back-up plan I have... MEDICATION. I've got a little bottle of Xanax just waiting for me to enter meltdown mode and my family and friends will thank me later for indulging

1 comment :

  1. I agree with everything you said. Was that the right answer?

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest button